Welcome to the SAI Forums The SAI The Campaign for Drawing – 2014

This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Tim Richardson Tim Richardson 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Tim Richardson
    Keymaster

Anyone else doing anything for this year’s event?

I am thinking of doing an event, we are looking to get a really big frame (4′ x 3′ or something) and give people in the City Centre small sheets of watercolour paper, getting them all to draw the same or a similar view and assembling it all.

Will be a good laugh whatever the outcome.

Chris Lock
    Chris Lock
    Participant

Fun’s always fun.

Tim Richardson
    Tim Richardson
    Keymaster

We re now thinking of getting them to draw on beer mats. Not quite sure why.

Chris Lock
    Chris Lock
    Participant

Blank beer mats (or backs) to make potential actual beer mat designs, Tim?

Tim Richardson
    Tim Richardson
    Keymaster

Blank beer mats and put them all together to make a big picture of the area. Actually I think we’ve left it a bit too late for this year (the Big Draw has already started) but will have a go next time.

Chris Lock
    Chris Lock
    Participant

Sounds interesting and a bit like a community mosaic with each person having their own particular viewpoint. Am I close?

Tim Richardson
    Tim Richardson
    Keymaster

Exactly, I like the phrase “community mosaic” sums it up well, may actually use that!

:clap:

Tim Richardson
    Tim Richardson
    Keymaster

Didn’t do it in the end, partly because I didn’t have time but partly because I got quite confused by the Big Draw website. First time I looked I thought it said £25 to register an event so went off to try and raise the £25, second time it said a “voluntary” contribution so I needn’t have bothered. There was also too much information on there.

Decided to try it next year when I have more time, some hope!!

Chris Lock
    Chris Lock
    Participant

Information overload is everywhere burning everyone out.
    Don’t blame you for taking a break.

Tim Richardson
    Tim Richardson
    Keymaster

That’s it it’s such a double edged sword, you can get so much information instantly but then you don’t have time to read it all!

Chris Lock
    Chris Lock
    Participant

And if you do get to read it all you end up with no time to act on any of it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

drawing on architecture

drawing on architecture

Take possession of the stunning new book of the SAI. With over 150 full-colour pages demonstrating the breadth of talent in the SAI, this is the invaluable guide to architectural illustration.

Join the SAI

There's no better time to start promoting yourself. Join today