Welcome to the SAI Forums The SAI Improvements To The Forum

This topic contains 14 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Don Coe Don Coe 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Tim Richardson
    Keymaster

Let us know what you would like changed and what would make this Forum work for you!

Chris Lock
    Chris Lock
    Participant

I think we should have an auto notification email system, whereby we select what threads we would like to follow and we are notified whenever a posting on that thread occurs. At least we should do ths for replies to our postings (or recommend that members at least select that option from among those offered).

If we could click on the areas we would like to be notified of I think it would help a lot. Members could click for all or just any number of individual subject headings. That’s the way at least one forum I belong to operates, and they have remained consistently active for well over a decade. I then just click on the link in the email they automatically send me and I’m taken direct to the specific posting page/thread. Easy and convenient. If I haven’t the time or inclination any one day I can just delete the notifications as I know where they are coming from. I could also unsubscribe for the auto notifications, or change my options, anytime I wish. I don’t have to remember to login. I’m taken in automatically. In order to post I must usually enter my password and login again, but maybe we could bypass that requirement when entry is coming form an auto email notification.

That makes it user friendly for those who have only one or two interests or threads they wish to follow, e.g. photography, or CG, whatever.

It’s giving total power of selection and control over notifications of positngs received to the members themselves.

Chris Lock
    Chris Lock
    Participant

It also keeps members informed on their areas of interest in a timely fashion.

Think I should have recoed this a long time ago. Thanks for stirring the grey matter, Tim.

Don Coe
    Don Coe
    Keymaster

Having just spoken to Noel, who is working on our new web site and forum as we speak, he assures me that the new forum allows subscriptions to chosen threads together with emailed notifications with direct links to same.

All of the revised site and forum will be up and running in a day or so and when Tim and I have had a chance to play with it we will be launching the lot at the up-coming AGM

Watch this space.

Chris Lock
    Chris Lock
    Participant

Great. :clap: Watching.

Don Coe
    Don Coe
    Keymaster

Chris, I can report that the ‘test drive’ version of the new web site and forum was presented to the AGM today by Donna, Tim and me and was received with gasps of wonder! You’ll love it. :clap:

More to follow soon 😀

Chris Lock
    Chris Lock
    Participant

Fantastic! Really looking foward to it. :clap: 😀

Don Coe
    Don Coe
    Keymaster

The first test post to this new forum together with an image… I’m told I do not have permission to upload images to this post!

I checked the ‘Notify me’ button

Don Coe
    Don Coe
    Keymaster

This is a second attempt to post an image in reply to my previous post…

HMS Lilian

That was OK but I’m stopped from uploading from my computer via the ‘Drop files here’ area

Tim Richardson
    Tim Richardson
    Keymaster

No reason to post this other than it’s a boat (or should that be ship?):

Liverpool Waterfront from the Tate 12-7-14 crop

Don Coe
    Don Coe
    Keymaster

That’s one long ship! Would never have fit into a square :good:

Don Coe
    Don Coe
    Keymaster

After some days of tweaking, the forum seems to be slowly developing into the form we need.

I am still trying to find the area within admin which determines the point size of the text. Until I can it’s necessary to apply bbcode

I’ll carry on although it’s giving me a headache.

woman_beating_date_mc

Tim Richardson
    Tim Richardson
    Keymaster

Notifications as mentioned in Chris’s post seem to be working for everybody?! You will have to log in and out twice and then wait for something or other to update before you see them though. :good:

Richard Childs
    Richard Childs
    Participant

Just posted on the forum and I think the new site is great. Writing and uploading to your post is now very easy.

Well done :good:

Don Coe
    Don Coe
    Keymaster

Hello, Richard.

We’re getting there – slowly. We welcome any comments and ideas which will help us make it even better and look forward to your continued support.

Tim and I spend hours tweaking and juggling with the main site and forum and it’s nice to receive encouragement now and again, thank you :good:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

drawing on architecture

drawing on architecture

Take possession of the stunning new book of the SAI. With over 150 full-colour pages demonstrating the breadth of talent in the SAI, this is the invaluable guide to architectural illustration.

Join the SAI

There's no better time to start promoting yourself. Join today