Welcome to the SAI Forums Line Illustration Pencil London Sketchbook – Donna asked me to post it…

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Allan T Adams Allan T Adams 6 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Allan T Adams
    Participant

At the 2013 AGM I mentioned to Donna Scott that I had kept a sketchbook when I worked in London after we’d heard two fascinating talks about urban sketching. Here are some of the sketchbook contents.

Tim Richardson
    Tim Richardson
    Keymaster

These are really great Allan! There’s a kind of narrative quality about them like story illustrations, different to your current style by a long way.

Allan T Adams
    Allan T Adams
    Participant

Thanks Tim. I did about thirty sketches up and down Oxfrod Street over a long period. Here are the last five I did. I think they got slightly better over time, as they should have done. I would like to do a similar exercise in York but can’t find the time in the present way of working we have.

Tim Richardson
    Tim Richardson
    Keymaster

I can see why, these look like they took quite a while.

Allan T Adams
    Allan T Adams
    Participant

Most of them were done aver a lunch hour. Some I went back to a second time. The average was therefore about 45 minutes to an hour. I’ve done a few in York but can’t seem to be able to stick to a routine. I’ve posted these on Flickr, as you’ll have noticed. I’ve tried to do some in less time, inspired by your rapdid doodles, but never seem to get the time down to less than half an hour.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

drawing on architecture

drawing on architecture

Take possession of the stunning new book of the SAI. With over 150 full-colour pages demonstrating the breadth of talent in the SAI, this is the invaluable guide to architectural illustration.

Join the SAI

There's no better time to start promoting yourself. Join today