Welcome to the SAI Forums The SAI RIBA forum closed

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Tim Richardson Tim Richardson 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tim Richardson
    Keymaster

Does this reflect a decline in all forums? people seemingly preferring Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn?

http://www.architectsjournal.co.uk/news/end-of-the-road-for-ribanet/8659484.article

I think it may be so Tim, this forum is becoming your show these days, like you’re standing in an empty hall, which is a pity as I think communicating together is one of the real potential benefits of a society such as this. But if the platform is not working then perhaps we have to think again. I view the ASAI regularly on their facebook page but even that is limited. A subject for the AGM I think.

Tim Richardson
    Tim Richardson
    Keymaster

You put it very well Chris. It would be a shame for this Forum to go but if there’s no one here then it will inevitably decline. Some others have also – the AoI forum was very good but went last year.

I remember my old boss being on RIBAnet almost every day in about 1997, I think the novelty of being able to talk to other architects in a non competitive environment was the main factor then.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

drawing on architecture

drawing on architecture

Take possession of the stunning new book of the SAI. With over 150 full-colour pages demonstrating the breadth of talent in the SAI, this is the invaluable guide to architectural illustration.

Join the SAI

There's no better time to start promoting yourself. Join today