Welcome to the SAI Forums The SAI SAI AGM April 2013

This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Allan T Adams Allan T Adams 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Allan T Adams
    Participant

Thanks for a great day, I thoroughly enjoyed the meeeting. The exhibition looks great (note self – produce something suitable for hanging on a wall for next time), the talks were stimulating and just meeting everyone again was well worth the long day.

Keith Hornblower
    Keith Hornblower
    Participant

Hear,hear Allan.

A great day, and good turnout too! Thanks to Joe and Jacky.

@AllanA wrote:

Thanks for a great day, I thoroughly enjoyed the meeeting. The exhibition looks great (note self – produce something suitable for hanging on a wall for next time), the talks were stimulating and just meeting everyone again was well worth the long day.

Alan Whittle
    Participant

Many thanks for making me welcome to my first SAI event, it was most informative & friendly. An excellent venue & hosting too!

It was great to start putting faces to names & the talks were extremely enjoyable. I will look forward to the next meeting.

To follow on from the discussion about setting up perspectives & the perception in reality, I was lucky enough to pass by a finished scheme on Sunday that I sketched for a planning proposal.
    Deadlines were too tight to allow a proper set up perspective, so my client asked me to sketch it up as best I could. Luckily the facade was simple (although the construction details, were far more complex & tricky) so I had a fighting chance, it was a relief to see the sketch & the finished building were quite close, here is a link if you fancy a look
    http://elementdetailing.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/sketching-records-office.html

Look forward to seeing you soon

Al

Tim Richardson
    Tim Richardson
    Keymaster

Not bad at all; its probably one where you are best off doing it by eye – if it were a 2 point perspective it would look pretty much like an elevation and 3 point would be impractical with a traditional instruments and there is very little advantage in using sketchup. I think this is worthy of more debate, I am very interested just how people set stuff up nowadays.

Nice to see you as well, I hope it was worth coming. I was quite intimidated about coming to the first meeting thinking it would be a lot more formal but was surprised at how friendly and supportive everyone was.

Donna Scott
    Donna Scott
    Participant

Thoroughly enjoyed this years AGM.
    Many thanks to everyone involved for their hard work bringing it together and to the capivating speakers who have inspired me to get sketching. (I’ll aim to have something ready and exhibition worthy for next year!)
    Nice to see some new faces in the congregation too. A good turnout.

Alan Whittle
    Participant

Thanks Tim

Yes, well worth the trip, I was in 2 minds about coming along as I only joined at the end of last year. The friendly atomosphere was reassuring especially when turning up a bit late 😳

Cheers for the feedback on the sketch too, always appreciated.

Tim Richardson
    Tim Richardson
    Keymaster

I was nearly two hours late last year 😳 I hear that the autumn meeting may be in Manchester this year so that should be easier to get to.

I noticed you have an Etsy store on your website, I looked at this vaguely a while back, has it been any good?

Alan Whittle
    Participant

Would look forward to seeing Manchester again (I was brought up just north of there). I have just started following the Manchester Urban Sketchers & Simone on twitter too.

We have only just recently set up the etsy shop, no sales as yet. The charges for putting items on there seemed ok, we need to put on some more items to give a better range though. I will happily give an update on it later on another thread if it is of interest.

Tim Richardson
    Tim Richardson
    Keymaster

@Al Whittle wrote:

We have only just recently set up the etsy shop, no sales as yet. The charges for putting items on there seemed ok, we need to put on some more items to give a better range though. I will happily give an update on it later on another thread if it is of interest.

Yes please, I’ve seen a few people’s websites with them – usually the children’s/birthday type of cards so would be interested to know if this generates any sales.

Keith Hornblower
    Keith Hornblower
    Participant

I see Simone is on Etsy too; I don’t how long she’s been doing it, but it might be worth having a word. Prices WAY too low…!

@timrichardson wrote:

Yes please, I’ve seen a few people’s websites with them – usually the children’s/birthday type of cards so would be interested to know if this generates any sales.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

drawing on architecture

drawing on architecture

Take possession of the stunning new book of the SAI. With over 150 full-colour pages demonstrating the breadth of talent in the SAI, this is the invaluable guide to architectural illustration.

Join the SAI

There's no better time to start promoting yourself. Join today