Welcome to the SAI Forums The SAI SAI Profile Pages

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Donna Scott Donna Scott 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Donna Scott
    Participant

Are members utilizing their SAI Profile Page ❓

It’s a great place to showcase your best work and show off past projects in more detail.

Members should give their page an update if they haven’t done so in a while and try out the ‘Projects’ application if they haven’t used it before.

You’re missing out on valuable webspace if you’re not filling your profile page.

Allan T Adams
    Allan T Adams
    Participant

Thanks for the prompt Donna, I’ve been and checked my profile page. Its as up to date as it can be; I tend to wait to post new publication work until its published it seems to be taking longer these days between me finishing things and books being published.

I have had at least a couple of clients in the last year as direct hits from my profile on the SAI, so I do update reasonably regularly but I wonder if many members look at the forum from one month to the next? As a regular user I find it both entertaining, informative, useful and all the other things it should be for, but I sense I am in the minority here apart from council members. Would it do any harm occasionally to spam SAI members on email to highlight current news/issues to encourage participation? As there hasn’t been a newsletter for a year a lot of members won’t have had much interaction, and even a quarterly email to all members could hardly be considered intrusive?

Don Coe
    Don Coe
    Keymaster

Sadly, Chris, there are even some Council Members ‘who cannot be bothered’ to visit the forum.

Their words – not mine. What a shame 😥 The time taken each day to check registrations to winkle out scams, spam and other dubious applications, is sometimes long and tedious. There is just one other moderator, Tim, to share the load and it might be a good idea to ask the membership for more volunteers to carry our regular moderation of posts.

But as Chris points out, this forum is probably not the best place to post the request 🙂 !

Tim Richardson
    Tim Richardson
    Keymaster

@ChrisFothergill wrote:

Would it do any harm occasionally to spam SAI members on email to highlight current news/issues to encourage participation? As there hasn’t been a newsletter for a year a lot of members won’t have had much interaction, and even a quarterly email to all members could hardly be considered intrusive?

Sounds like a good idea to me Chris, I think you are right, a lot of members will wonder what’s going on with no newsletter for a long time. Especially as a couple of years ago they were coming out almost quarterly or so it seemed.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

drawing on architecture

drawing on architecture

Take possession of the stunning new book of the SAI. With over 150 full-colour pages demonstrating the breadth of talent in the SAI, this is the invaluable guide to architectural illustration.

Join the SAI

There's no better time to start promoting yourself. Join today