Welcome to the SAI Forums The SAI SAI Website referral

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  carl wenczek 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • carl wenczek

Catching up on my website analytics recently I noticed that since the new SAI website went live no traffic has been driven from the SAI website to my own website (see attached graph) compared to the period before.

My first thoughts on this are as follows:

1. Visitors to the members pages do not feel the need to move on and are satisfied with the information they are finding.
    2. My members page is so bad that no one wants to find out more by clicking on my website link!
    3. I really need to ensure that my members page is as thorough and well put together as possible if I want to also use the SAI website as a way of helping drive traffic to my own website.
    4. Is it possible to find out how many visitors my members page is receiving?

I have also noticed that the SAI website is no longer seen by Google as an external link to my own website which is a pity as external links are important in aiding Google ranking.

I need to do more research and find out how many enquiries the new SAI website is generating for me compared to the old site.

I’d welcome comments and feedback.

Thanks

Carl

Iain Denby
    Iain Denby
    Participant

Carl

My response:
    1. Very likely
    2. Possibly
    3. Definately
    4. Dunno

Don Coe
    Don Coe
    Keymaster

I’ll refer this post to the SAI webmaster and ask him to post his comments.

I have also noticed the same effect. I would suggest a monthly hit of approx. 10 from the SAI, but now pretty much 0.

Don Coe
    Don Coe
    Keymaster

I’m sure that our webmaster, Noel, will have something to say on the subject, but meanwhile here’s this from me … he who knows nothing 😕

My web site has had no visits since shortly after the launch of the new SAI site. I might as well fold it up and bin it.

However… the stats for the new site indicate that almost all members have had between 6 and 10 hits per week since the launch!

May I suggest the the site is doing so well that visitors are satisfied that there is no need to explore further.

James Mann
    Participant

I would say that you were doing better than average based on your stats compared to mine. I still get a trickle coming through. I guess it would be worth considering the quality over quantity of the links. I can get loads of links by posting something on twitter, but the chances of a potential client clicking through to my site are pretty slim compared to who might be clicking through from the SAI site.

What are the stats for the SAI site generally?

Jim

Tim Richardson
    Tim Richardson
    Keymaster

This is an old thread I know but perhaps one worth looking into now. I’ll see what I can find out in terms of stats. I would be interesting to know if anyone has had any feedback from the book outside of the society at all?

Don Coe
    Don Coe
    Keymaster

Tim.
    We have a board meeting quite soon. Email me your thoughts re this topic and I’ll table it.
    I cannot recall any response from Noel.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

drawing on architecture

drawing on architecture

Take possession of the stunning new book of the SAI. With over 150 full-colour pages demonstrating the breadth of talent in the SAI, this is the invaluable guide to architectural illustration.

Join the SAI

There's no better time to start promoting yourself. Join today