Welcome to the SAI Forums Line Illustration Pencil Sketching in Bath

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Allan T Adams Allan T Adams 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Allan T Adams
    Participant

I used a bit of spare time on the Friday afternoon before the SAI autumn meeting to have a look around Bath. The Royal Crescent was a challenge; not sure I’ve really done it justice but I prefer older buildings usually.

Also a challenge was this torch snuffer. I was informed by a passer-by it was used to extinguish lights carried by sedan chair carriers. Its attached to the end of the Crescent I’d just had a go at. By the time my informant had gone and I was happy with the sketch it was getting pretty cool and slightly dark 😯

Donna Scott
    Donna Scott
    Participant

Hi Allan
    These sketches are great.
    You’ve taken on two challenging subjects there.
    Think I’d have found something easier!
    How long did they take you?

Allan T Adams
    Allan T Adams
    Participant

I gave myself about 45 minutes I think before I started to think ‘why are you doing this?’ I was distracted by an interested passer-by while drawinug the snuffer so the time is only a guess.

Before I started I thought sketching the Pulteney Bridge was a good idea but decided against it when I stood in front of it and found it daunting. Ironic really, given what I settled down to do 😕

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

drawing on architecture

drawing on architecture

Take possession of the stunning new book of the SAI. With over 150 full-colour pages demonstrating the breadth of talent in the SAI, this is the invaluable guide to architectural illustration.

Join the SAI

There's no better time to start promoting yourself. Join today