Welcome to the SAI Forums The SAI Some sketches from the Bath Meeting

This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Don Coe Don Coe 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Don Coe
    Keymaster

I thought that this could be the place for the Bath meeting sketches.

To kick off, I had a long wait for my train home on the Sunday morning. This was a pen sketch I did on the platform which had paint splashed onto it after I had surfaced from the stress of the weekend!

Thanks to Keith for the inspiration. Min. linework – Max. brush

Keith Hornblower
    Keith Hornblower
    Participant

Very nice Don – I approve 😉

@doncoe wrote:

I thought that this could be the place for the Bath meeting sketches.

To kick off, I had a long wait for my train home on the Sunday morning. This was a pen sketch I did on the platform which had paint splashed onto it after I had surfaced from the stress of the weekend!

Thanks to Keith for the inspiration. Min. linework – Max. brush

Tim Richardson
    Tim Richardson
    Keymaster

Saturday evening, same location as Don’s, different view and time of day.

Tim Richardson
    Tim Richardson
    Keymaster

Finally finished this one as well. Done in the town, finished from a photo.

Allan T Adams
    Allan T Adams
    Participant

Idid these on theFriday afternoon and posted them elsewhere on the Forum. Donna liked them. 😀

Don Coe
    Don Coe
    Keymaster

@AllanA wrote:

…Donna liked them. 😀

…and so do I, Allan :clap:

Have you submitted to the “Noodler Madness” yet?

Allan T Adams
    Allan T Adams
    Participant

I don’t like Pot Noodles… but I expect you mean something completely different Don 😕

Don Coe
    Don Coe
    Keymaster

@AllanA wrote:

I don’t like Pot Noodles… but I expect you mean something completely different Don 😕

Noodlers Allan. Like this…

Allan T Adams
    Allan T Adams
    Participant

Those Noodlers. No I haven’t succumbed yet. I bought some Tombow pens prior to going on holiday in the summer but haven’t used them yet. I also bought some other fibre-tipped sketching pens which I keep meaning to have a go with. Having to apply for one’s own job and put togther a digital portfolio in case one gets an interview has tended to dominate the ast few weeks.

I liked your sketch of Bath station by the way; I was still feeling rough that morning so I didn’t get my pencil out as you and Tim did. I like Tim’s sketch as well. I wonder whereabouts in Bath it is.

Tim Richardson
    Tim Richardson
    Keymaster

It was not far from the Abbey, off the main shopping street and right next to the Roman baths.

I think I’ll get someone to buy me a Noodlers pen for Christmas! the only thing putting me off is that you can only get yellow or pink in the UK. I’ve done a lot with Tombows though, I’ll put some more under the thread elsewhere.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

drawing on architecture

drawing on architecture

Take possession of the stunning new book of the SAI. With over 150 full-colour pages demonstrating the breadth of talent in the SAI, this is the invaluable guide to architectural illustration.

Join the SAI

There's no better time to start promoting yourself. Join today